Graphic Design Fundamentals Using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator [Sold Out]
Location: ZOOM (Link will be emailed to your inbox)
Recommended Age: 11-16
Time: 2:00PM to 4:30PM
Date: July 27 to July 31
Student Capacity: 8
You will be required to have Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop Installed on a compatible computer for this workshop. Seven day free trials are available at this link.
This workshop aims to teach students the fundamentals of graphic design through using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. Students will grasp the basic knowledge of the tools in Photoshop and how to use them to make effective designs. In addition, students will be learning about the basic concepts of graphic design which relate to the 7 main principles, and will learn how to utilize color theory, typography, shapes, lines, textures, and images to create meaningful artwork. Students will also be going through the same planning and design process as professional graphic designers, and will learn how to go from idea to execution. Students will also be analyzing real-world examples of effective graphic design, and understanding the applications of design in different industries such as sports media, marketing, and branding. Lastly, students will be creating their own piece of artwork in the form of a personal creative poster that combines their creativity with the knowledge gained from this camp!
- Learn the basic tools and functions of Adobe Photoshop and how to use them
- Learn and understand the 7 Principles of Design, as used by professional digital artists in the real-world
- Learn how to use effective planning methods, such as sketching and mockups, to plan your designs
- Learn how to utilize color theory, typography, shapes, lines, textures, and images to create effective designs, and its connection to Adobe Illustrator
- Understand and analyze real-world examples of effective graphic design in the form of advertising, branding, and art
- Learn and understand the different applications of graphic design in the context of industry (sports media, marketing, website design, etc.)
Meet Your Instructor:
Akshay Murthy (Incoming Student at Purdue University)
After scrolling through his Instagram feed one day, Akshay was captivated when he saw the interesting designs of his favorite athletes featured on the NBA and NFL Instagram pages. Determined to create something similar, he dedicated hours everyday to learning digital design. This consisted of watching YouTube tutorials, networking with other graphic designers, and playing around with every filter, gradient, and adjustment layer in Photoshop. After a year went by, Akshay fell in love with the creativity involved with graphic design, and combined sports with art to form his passion. Since 2015, Akshay has shared his artwork with thousands around the world, and has developed a following of close to 10,000 followers on Instagram. He is currently the Founder & CEO of AKM Studios, which is his own graphic design and marketing agency which caters to clients globally, and currently has five employees. He has worked with numerous athletes in the NBA, NFL and FIBA to design professional marketing content, and has worked with entrepreneurs such as Gary Vaynernuck. Akshay has taken his passion of graphic design and applied his skillset to the field of marketing, product design, and branding, and looks to continue expanding his knowledge and clientele. He looks forward to sharing his knowledge and passion with you!
Akshay's Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/akmstudios
- Sold OutRegistration$85$850$0